The Vineyard Fund for Board Development and Education was created to support non-profit or municipal organizations in undertaking important capacity-building work.
These types of projects could be related to board governance and education, strategic planning and implementation, and other board-related educational experiences. This is a rolling application and interested non-profit or municipal organizations may apply at any time of the year.
– Hiring a consultant to work with the board on development and education;
– Funding a board retreat, and ongoing supplementary follow-up work;
– Strategic planning;
– Hiring a development fundraising consultant to work with the board on fundraising effectiveness;
– And other like-minded projects.
– Funding would NOT support food-and-beverages, rental space, or board member travel.
Started in 2016, this fund is a collaborative effort between the Martha’s Vineyard Community Foundation and the Martha’s Vineyard Nonprofit Collaborative.