Founded in 2008, ACE MV, Adult & Community Education of Martha’s Vineyard, Massachusetts is a non-profit organization that provides a diversity of educational programs, including enrichment classes, practical training, college preparatory and credit courses, and special programs, to all generations, economic classes, and cultures on an Island with limited adult education opportunities. By collaborating with many other organizations and businesses, ACE MV makes life-long learning accessible and rewarding. ACE MV is a tax deductible 501(C)(3) non-profit organization.
Classes provide access to educational opportunities for island adults in these areas:
- HISET (GED) Courses in Essential English, Math and Science prepare adults to take the State High School Equivalency Test (HiSET).
- Job-Skills Training for island adults who are without a professional degree and choose to stay on the island as part of the workforce.
- Certificate Courses for island small business owners and entrepreneurs who need certification to meet state and local requirements, including areas in construction, plumbing, electrical, food-handling and landscaping.
- College Credit Courses for dual enrollment high school students; recent graduates who cannot afford or are unsure about leaving the island for college and; non-traditional learners who have some college experience and who are looking for an affordable way to earn their undergraduate degree or matriculate back into the State system.Graduate Credit Courses for island professionals seeking to take the next step in their careers.
- Enrichment Classes that bridge generations and cultures and provide educational and intellectual stimulation to an inherently isolated island population with limited access to educational opportunities.
- ACE MV Partnerships and Collaborations: Cape Cod Community College, Fitchburg State University, Northeastern University, SCORE MV & Cape Cod, University of Massachusetts Amherst.